- The set date for performance is (possibly) on June 3rd, the friday after this week.
- I want to repeat the 3 elements of the next performance: (a) Location: Post Protokol seminar (b) Fake Institution: Social Arcology Lab’s plan to initiate a “Mimetic Cascade” of bolos within Berlin – a voluntary communization.
- And (c) formal intervention was what the last discussion mostly about, Arim suggested to bringing a cake (or did Job proposed it?) this symbolize the dividing of the civic body into chunks of Bolos (300-500 people units). I think, some sort of simple but vivid diagram (or body movement?) to demonstrate the formation of Bolo will be very efficient and at the same time fun to watch.
- Arim also suggested a body movement exercise, this was already written in BB’s protokoll. Barbad remembered a rhythmic body workshop he did for children, explaining how chocolate factory works. The children learn a movement that represents a segment of the production line, and teach it to the person next to xem. I imagined how this could be used to explain the symbol language in Bolo’Bolo, to use the body demonstrate the symbols.
- There’s a technical details about the music part of the performance that BB didn’t mention was that Job had borrowed a loop station from a classmate, and they will have a part in which Barbad plays the flute and loop each layer until the music becomes a wall of layered sounds. This although requires rehearsal, and other equipments (more on these topics later)
6.inspired by the watermelon topic,was that we will incorporate a section of interconnected monologues /stories into the formal structure of the performance.
- So let’s repeat again: (a) location: Post Protokoll classroom (b) imaginary institution: Social Arcology Lab (what xe do? Starts the mimetic cascade of Boloism in Berlin) (c) formal intervention: inner seminar – workshop – (break-in) performance [body movement – flute inprov – monologues – and? ] – some interactive(with students) dialog? – (return to) inner seminar
- You can tell that there’s still some part of the formal interventions are a bit obscure, that’s what we need to figure out in the next meeting. Next bulletpoint will be about what to do before the next meeting.
- – Figure out the date of next meeting: how about this Thursday? A public holiday
- send emails to post protocol teacher Lukas to set a performance date
- there will be an assignment coming in before the meeting to help the next brainstorming
- who can find microphone for the music inprovisation part?
- costume ideas?
[3:28 pm, 25/05/2022]Mommal Thanks for protokolls guys!
- This Thursday leider i can’t .
Job, do you remember the radio choreography erformance i sent you last time? If you still have an interest, how about going this performance together and have the meeting before or after?
- where can i look more infos about BOLO/BOLO symbols? Sounds interesting. We can do some experiment/impro to create these symbols through our bodies and movement. And make a short choreo like Barbara’s game!
- Next Friday klappt bei mir! Um wie viel Uhr?
[3:31 pm, 25/05/2022] Mommal
-There are still some tickets for Operation Mindfuck on 29.05 !! Go get tickets if you have an interest. I‘m quite sure i‘ll be there
-Can we also talk about in the next meeting how to gather people for workshop/how to appeal them ?